the reader in a quiet corner

hi, i'm ceecee. my reading interests can be described as eclectic.

City of Ashes - Cassandra Clare Still loved Jace and Clary's scenes, despite - or because of? - the incest. I don't know, but ever since Game of Thrones, I don't dislike incest (the brother/sister kind) anymore. Go figure.

BUT, I know Jace and Clary aren't really siblings (thanks, Tumblr, for spoiling me). It's just so funny watching them think that they are.

Simon turning into a vampire though. Eh. Shouldn't they have just held a funeral for him, ala Cirque du Freak style, so they wouldn't have to explain Simon not being able to go out in the sun? But, no, they had to have him drink Jace's mutated blood and become invincible, aka, enable him to walk in the sun without dying a second time. I would have preferred Simon remaining a human, but that's just me.

I gave this 3-stars because I wasn't able to really enjoy the book. I read some people's reviews who hated it, and I can see their point. Mostly, I became aware of how unlikable Clary can be. I don't remember what Clary did to make Jace fall in love with her, even though I ship them. All Clary seems to be doing is scream, and be in the middle of the action without actually doing anything. I hope they remedy that in the City of Glass, which I'll be reading next. If Sebastian falls in love with her too I'm going to be seriously pissed. It kinda reminds me of Miaka from Fushigi Yuugi where everyone just luuurrrvesss her. Give me a Katniss Everdeen anytime. Sure everybody loves Katniss, but I like Katniss. heh. heh. heh.