the reader in a quiet corner

hi, i'm ceecee. my reading interests can be described as eclectic.

Fearless - Francine Pascal, Tucker Shaw Ooh, I found this while I was re-arranging my bookshelf. Brings me back to the good old days.

Gaia (oh-my-god her name!) was born without the fearless gene. I don't know how true that is since I never got the chance to follow up on the series. So let's just stick with it. She was trained from a very young age in various fighting skills an 11-year old me would envy. I still would, actually. She roams around at night in the most dangerous part of the park just to see who would ambush her. But lo-and-surprise! She kicks their butt!

I really enjoyed this, because of the Multiple POVs, and mostly because of the love triangle. I'm pretty sure this has an Alias-y storyline, but the thing I remember the most is the love angle. Gaia can hardly believe she's beautiful, but her two guy friends think so, and of course, they fall in love with her. One of these guys, is a cute one in a wheelchair, and the other is a jock-who-is-actually-a-nice-guy. Typical, right? Wth, I was hooked.

And of course, I liked Gaia, maybe even the same way I like Katniss. They're just strong, no-nonsense kind of gals, you know?

I don't know what I would think had I read this for the first time today. All I know is, I really enjoyed this during my childhood, and I loved rereading this, and I probably would read this again today, so that's the reason for the 4 stars.

I would love to have followed up on this series, but it's a 90s book, and 30+ installments (or so I've heard), and you just don't see these books lined up chronologically in a bookstore. (I found the book 2 and book 24 in the same volume, but what good would that do?)

As it is, it's a great way to start off a series.