the reader in a quiet corner

hi, i'm ceecee. my reading interests can be described as eclectic.

What to Do until Love Finds You: Preparing Yourself for Your Perfect Mate

What to Do until Love Finds You: Preparing Yourself for Your Perfect Mate - Michelle McKinney Hammond To tell the truth, I wouldn't want to be caught dead reading this book.

"What To Do Until Love Finds You: Getting Ready for Mr Right". Oh, the many things seemingly wrong with that title. Besides, I'm not even religious, and this book is high on the God's purpose thing, and marketed in religious bookshops.

I've been raised in a time of fairytales, where movies have happily ever afters, but I've also been raised in a time when women were encouraged to Go Get What They Deserve. And that Finding True Love Does Not Equal Happiness, aka, You Don't Need A Man To Feel Happy! Which I get, I totally get.

But , idk, I was 18 and hadn't had a romantic experience, and this book had me utterly convinced. The author used true-to-life experiences to show waiting was worth it.

The truth: Waiting sucks. Look at me. I'm an embittered 23-year old who can't stand watching romantic movies.

But I still have really good memories with this book. If I was able to believe this when I was 18, then maybe that 18-year old part of me is still in me, and I don't have to worry that I still haven't met The One yet.